Friday, October 5, 2012

Crock Pot Applesauce

It's finally the fall season and I am so excited because it is my absolute favorite! Beautiful weather, crisp air, breath taking scenery, and the BEST food. This morning before I headed out to work I figured I would try to make homemade applesauce in the crock pot so that it could cook all day while I was gone. When I walked through the door this afternoon my mouth instantly started watering and my sample taste was delicious-so, I will share my recipe with you all :)

First, I went to my local apple orchard and purchased a huge box of "utility apples". It was 16 dollars for the box but I ended up with well over 100 apples. I figured this was the best bet because I will be peeling my apples anyway when I make applesauce, apple crisp, and apple pie. The box that I got at the orchard was all Macs, there wasn't any other option so I figured I would try them, and it worked out great!

Here's the recipe:

10 large apples, or enough to fill your crock pot 3/4 of the way full
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
Cinnamon

Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours

Once the cook time has been reached, stir around the apples in the crock pot..they should instantly turn to mush. With a large spoon mush around the apples as much as you like or you can use an electric mixer to get the consistency you desire. Once that is finished your applesauce is done. The best part about this recipe is that it can also be frozen! 

I would love to hear your comments if you end up trying this on your own, if you try it and make any changes, and how you like it. Thanks for visiting!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or ideas! I'd love to hear them!