Sunday, September 9, 2012

DIY Kitchen Sink Organizer/Cake Stand

So I have to admit, I am an OCD kinda girl. I like my things nice and organized, clean, and in a spot. Lately, I have been having a problem with all of the hand soaps, dish soaps, and sponges everywhere all over the sink AND leaving nasty rings on the stainless steal sink. Needless to say, I decided to put one of my pins I pinned long ago to use.

This project's goal is to be put along side the sink to hold the hand soap, dish soap, and sponges and leave my sink clutter and "sud ring" free. This project can also easily be used as a cake stand instead of purchasing an expensive one at the store.

What you'll need:

A plate (whatever you choose)
Candlestick holder
Wash clothes
Sharpie
Hot glue gun

TOTAL COST: $10.00


First, flip the plate over and place the candlestick holder (also flipped upside down) and center it on the plate.


Once it is centered, take a sharpie and trace around the outside of the candle stick.


You will be left with this. 


You then will put hot glue around the circle and quickly place the candlestick holder on top of the hot glue. I also went around the outside of the candlestick holder with hot glue to ensure stability.


Once it is dried you can flip it up and there you have it!




I also bought wash clothes to that match to go on top to keep from having "sud rings" also on my plate since it will be a bit hard to wash it now that it is all put together :)


An example of what it looks like!


If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them-I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Please leave your comments or ideas! I'd love to hear them!